Tafuriaste Tinto Joven… A shame not to have it on your table!
Tafuriaste Tinto Joven is a fresh and intense young red wine, with small hints of berries. It’s an ideal match to (preferably grilled) meat dinners and cheese with a strong and spicy taste.
- Alcoholic strength: 13 % vol.
- Location: P.D.O. Valle de la Orotava.
- Grapes varieties:
- 96 % Listán Negro.
- 4 % Negramoll and Tintilla
- Harvest date: Whole month of September to middle of October.
- Serving temperature: 16ºC.
- Food matching: All kinds of grilled meat, roast meet with porcini mushrooms, main courses with meat sauces.
- Tasting notes: Tafuriaste Tinto Joven is a very intense cherry red wine with violet hues. The nose is fresh and intense with hints of small berries and young fruit, plum, strawberry, raspberry, cherry. It has a dried fruit background, with spicy hints. The palate is medium intensity with a balanced acidity and tastes of ripe red fruit, with mineral nuances brought from herbs.
Analytical data sheet:
- Residual sugars: 1 gr/l
- Total acidity: 4,90 gr/l
- pH: 3,71
Tafuriaste Tinto Joven is produced by manual harvesting, in 20 kg boxes, during September and October. It comes from vineyards located from 325 mt. to 500 mt. above sea level.
Destemming is done in the cellar and incubation is performed with cold maceration at a temperature of 12º C, for the first 24 hours. During the next 7 days, the must is subject to alcoholic fermentation, at a temperature of 24ºC, with various daily reshuffles.