Tafuriaste Tinto Barrica, the oak barrels wine for every taste.
Tafuriaste Tinto Barrica is a wine that belongs to the “Oak Barrels Wines” category. It features an intense cherry color and special aromas due to aging the wine for 6 months in French oak barrels.
- Alcoholic strength: 13 % vol.
- Location: P.D.O. Valle de la Orotava.
- Grapes varieties:
- 100 % Listán Negro
- Harvest date: Whole month of September to middle of October.
- Serving temperature: 18 – 20 ºC.
- Food matching: All kinds of meat, stewed meat, game meat dishes, vegetables, spicy and fermented cheeses.
- Tasting notes: Tafuriaste Tinto Barrica is a red wine, with an intense and lively cherry color and garnet hues. Its nose feels spicy and balsamic aromas. Tasting leaves hints of dried extracts, on the palate, with tannins well assembled with fruit. The finish has an elegant aftertaste.
Analytical data sheet:
- Residual sugars: 1 gr/l
- Total acidity: 4,90 gr/l
- pH: 3,71
Tafuriaste Tinto Barrica is produced by manual harvesting, in 20 kg boxes, during September and October. Vineyards are located at heights ranging from 325 mt. to 500 mt. above sea level.
Wine is subject to a 5 days, 12º C pre-fermentation maceration and then to a 15 days, 25º C fermentation maceration.
About two months past grapes harvest, wine maturation begins. Then it develops and ages in French oak barrels for 6 months, enhancing the nuances of the Listán Negro grapes variety.