Vino Crater… class and elegance.
Bodega Buten S.L.‘s Vino Crater, is an unique wine. It’s aged in French and American oak barrels. Its characteristics of elegance, exquisiteness and new taste are going to match your best evenings.
- Alcoholic strength: 13,5 % vol.
- Location: P.D.O. Tacoronte Acentejo.
- Grapes varieties:
- 50% Listán Negro.
- 50% Negramoll
- Harvest date: Whole month of September to middle of October.
- Serving temperature: 16ºC, let the wine breathe in the cup.
- Food matching: All kinds of grilled meat, roast meet with porcini mushrooms, main dishes with meat sauces.
- Tasting notes: Vino Crater has an intense garnet red color, with violet hues. The nose feels a frank, fragrant and elegant aroma, a smell that vaguely reminds of gunpowder, black licorice, plum liqueur, black pepper and spices. All these aromas are collected in a curious and interesting note, saline and very mineral. The taste is fresh and semisweet, round, with hints of black ash wood grain, cocoa. In the mouth you feel a smooth transition and minimal astringency.
- Barrels kind: French and American oak
- Barrels aging: 6 months
- Bottles aging: 24 months
Vino Crater is produced by manual harvesting, in 18 kg boxes, during the second fortnight of September and the first fortnight of October. Harvesting is done on vineyards located at 400 mt. above sea level.
Destemming and maceration are performed in the cellar, at a temperature of 18º C, for 15 days. During the next 20 days the must is subject to alcoholic fermentation, at a temperature of 20ºC, with several daily reshuffles.