Tafuriaste Rosado Afrutado, the most peculiar Tafuriaste wine…
Tafuriaste Rosado Afrutado is a truly unique and special wine, a very versatile rosé that can be enjoyed both as an aperitif and as a wine to accompany lunches and dinners.
- Alcoholic strength: 11 % vol.
- Location: P.D.O. Valle de la Orotava.
- Grapes varieties:
- 100 % Listán Negro.
- Harvest date: First fortnight of September.
- Serving temperature: 7 – 9 ºC.
- Food matching: Excellent with rice, meat and fish, grilled poultry, white meats, fish and seafood, cheese, light salads, cakes and pastries, and of course as an aperitif.
- Tasting notes: This is the most unique Tafuriaste wine, made with Listán Negro grapes. It has an intense raspberry pink color, the nose is fruity, sweet and youthful.
Subtle sensations of tannic acid appear on the palate, combined with fresh fruit in syrup, very reminescent of lollipops. All these feelings persist in the aftertaste and increase the pleasure in drinking it.
Analytical data sheet:
- Residual sugars: 39 gr/l
- Total acidity: 5,01 gr/l
- pH: 3,47
The Listán Negro grapes, at the base of the Tafuriaste Rosado Afrutado wine, come from manually done harvesting, in 20 kg boxes. Grapes harvest is done during the first fortnight of September, at 325 mt. above sea level.
De-stemming and maceration are performed in the cellar at a temperature of 12 degrees, to prevent pre-fermentation. After six hours a process called “sangrado” is applied, the procedure by which the wort skins and must are separated. Then fermentation starts, at a temperature of 14 ° C and goes on for ten days until the desired residual sugar amount is achieved. Thus a fantastic and unique semisweet rosé wine takes life.