Tafuriaste Blanco Afrutado… the Blue Bottle you won’t forget!
Tafuriaste Blanco Afrutado is a fruity, semi-sweet white wine, made from autochthonous varieties of Listán Blanco and Moscatel grapes. Straw yellow in color, with a tendency towards brilliant green, it features a fresh and youthful taste.
- Alcoholic strength: 12 % vol.
- Location: P.D.O. Valle de la Orotava.
- Grapes varieties:
- 97 % Listán Blanco.
- 3 % Moscatel.
- Harvest date: First fortnight of September and the second fortnight of October.
- Serving temperature: 7 – 9 ºC.
- Food matching: Sweets of every kind, ideal as an aperitif.
- Tasting notes: Tafuriaste Blanco Afrutado is straw yellow in color, with brilliant green reflections and a fresh and explosive taste. Due to its high content of residual sugar, Tafuriaste Blanco Afrutado expresses a fruit aroma reminiscent of floral notes of orange blossom and canned fruit, such as pears, peaches, combining them with an explosive exotic finish. In the mouth it is soft, very fresh and pleasant for its sweet balsamic component that achieves both a stylish and durable persistence.
Analytical data sheet:
- Residual sugars: 21,5 gr/l
- Total acidity: 4,1 gr/l
- pH: 3,20
It is produced by manual harvesting, in 20 Kg boxes, during the first fortnight of September and the second fortnight of October. Tafuriaste Blanco Afrutado comes from vineyards located from 325 mt. to 640 mt. above sea level…
In the cellar, grapes are destemmed at first, then pressed. Fermentation is done at 14ºC for the next 10 days, while keeping the alcoholic fermentation in tight control. This lets the must preserve the residual grape sugars and thus obtain a fantastic white semi-sweet.