Tafuriaste Blanco Seco… the exaltation of taste.
Tafuriaste Blanco Seco is a dry white wine produced from selected grapes. Its taste is fresh and slightly fruity. It’s the perfect wine for every occasion, but it really stands out and magnifies its aroma when accompanying fish based dishes.
- Alcoholic strength: 12 % vol.
- Location: P.D.O. Valle de la Orotava.
- Grapes varieties:
- 95 % Listán Blanco.
- 5 % Moscatel – Pedro Ximénex and Gual
- Harvest date: First fortnight of September.
- Serving temperature: 11 – 12 ºC.
- Food matching: Fish, seafood, shellfish or cheese.
- Tasting notes: Tafuriaste Blanco Seco is golden yellow with green highlights, it’s limpid and crystal clear. It has a flavour of medium intensity, with citrus and green fruits. Taste is balanced and silky. The nose is very fruity with hints of flowers. Apple, peach and lemon zest flavors are predominant. It reminds of orange flowers, citrus fruit with honeyed, silky background. Nuances of tropical fruits resonate in the finish.
Analytical data sheet:
- Residual sugars: 2 gr/l
- Total acidity: 4,5 g/l
- pH: 3,02
It is produced by manual harvesting, in 20 Kg boxes, during the second fortnight of September and the first fortnight of October. Tafuriaste Blanco Seco comes from vineyards located from 325 mt. to 640 mt. above sea level.
In the cellar, grapes are destemmed at first, then pressed, extracting the first must without pressing it. After a couple of days, fermentation begins. It’s done at 12 degrees and it lasts 15 days. A better polyphenolic extraction is thus obtained.